Monday, August 18, 2008

Maracas Beach

Maracas Bay is about an hour or two away from Port of Spain.  The road there goes up through the mountains (which consist of very narrow and very curvy) and then this bay just kind of pops out of nowhere.  Then you wind back down the road to get to the beach area.  The waves were fairly big and there was some good body surfing.  The water was as warm as bath water.  Not once was there a "brrr" or a shiver.  For those who do eat animals, there is also a place that is supposedly the best "shark 'n bake" in the country.  Shark 'n bake is basically deep fried shark fillets with lots of various toppings.  Not sure what the toppings were since I did not indulge, but everyone who did have some raved about it.  So if you're ever in Trinidad, be sure you get to Maracas Beach and enjoy the waves and the fine local cuisine. 

I was going to post a picture of Maracas Bay (or the beach) but I forgot that forgot my camera on that trip.  I guess I'll just have to go again and take pictures.

No comments: