Thursday, February 19, 2009

The anticipation builds...

Those who know about Carnival, know that it is one giant party.  Whether you are in the states (New Orleans), Colombia (Barranquilla), Brazil (pick any city), or Trinidad, the party is well known.  However, Trinidad has one thing that sets it apart from the other Carnival celebrations, and that is the costumes of the thousands of revelers.  

Some of you may have been privy to e-mails and links from me, giving you a hint of my costume.  Some of you may know from other sources.  Some of you may have no idea what the costumes are like.  All I will say at this point is that the theme this year is Persian Empire (not quite sure what that has to do with Carnival, but when in Rome...or Persian...or Trinidad for that matter...) and that I picked up both mine and my cousin's outfits today.

The interesting thing about the costumes at this point, is that they were given to me in two shoe boxes.  Have you ever tried to fit one of your outfits into a shoe box?  I didn't think so.  Not much fits in there and you will have to wait to see pictures of us in our get up.  But I will provide you with a glimpse to whet your appetite.


2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my! The anticipation is fierce...

Anonymous said...

Please don't tell me that is a hat.